Drinking water is so important for our bodies and our daily functioning. Especially as higher temps arrive and there is increased outside time in the sun for most families this summer. Being hydrated helps me feel better and function better as a busy breastfeeding mom and is important to keep my body healthy and strong to chase these boys around! Do you want to drink more water? Find out how with these simple tips!
How much water should I be drinking?
The Mayo Clinic recommends about 11 cups a day for women and 15 cups a day for men. Keep in mind things like exercise, pregnancy and breastfeeding all factor in to require a bit more water than the standard recommendation. I shoot for 75-85 oz of water per day!
Tips to drink more water
- Find a water bottle that works for you. I LOVE my Tal Hydration bottle because it holds 64 oz and keeps cold for 24 hours!
- Infuse fruit into water (We love blueberries, cucumber and lemon!)
- Tracking throughout the day. Here are awesome apps to use to keep you on track!
- Drink water with every meal or snack
- Drink water in between each non-water beverage
- Let your kids store their cups in a place where they can get their own water!
Tips for Parents
- Set a good example by drinking water as well
- Talk to your kids about why water is good for their bodies
- Share warnings to check consumption such as yellow urine being a sign that his/her body may need more water.
- Allow your kids to serve their own water. Have kid cups in an area that they can reach safely while learning responsibility.
- Make water consumption fun by allowing them to select a water bottle at the store.
- Have fun! Infuse water with fruits and veggies for a colorful and delicious drink! We love blueberries and strawberries!
Please join me on May 9 in celebrating Rev Your Bev day. Rev Your Bev Day is an annual Virginia day of action to raise awareness about the incredible health benefits you can see by making water your No. 1 beverage of choice. Stay tuned in the next week for recipes and ideas for increasing water in your homes. Thank you Rev Your Bev for sponsoring this post.
What helps you stay hydrated? What tips do you have for others who want to increase their water intake? If you want to set a goal to drink more water – check out my post on setting and achieving goals!