Summer time is here which means it is time to take the cover off the grill or smoker and invite family, friends, and neighbors over for food and fun. These Keto Lettuce Wrap Steak Fajitas are a great alternative to the typical burgers and hot dogs for summer gatherings that your guests are sure to love.
Lettuce Wrap Steak Fajita Ingredients
- 1 ½ lb. Sirloin steak
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Coriander
- 1 cup red, yellow and green bell pepper sliced
- ½ cup Onion sliced
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Place 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add in the sliced onions and peppers, and cook for 3-5 minutes until they have begun to brown and soften. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, oregano and coriander. Combine well.
- Apply salt and pepper to taste to both sides of your sirloin steaks.
- Sprinkle the spice dry rub over the sirloin steaks and massage it into the meat.
- Heat the other tbsp of olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat and add the steak to the heated skillet.
- All the meat to cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and allow it to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
- Place a generous amount of sliced steak and sauteed onions and peppers onto a large lettuce leaf, along with your choice of toppings, and enjoy!
These Keto lettuce wrap steak fajitas are easy which allows more time for catching up with friends and loved ones instead of in the kitchen!