These sweet Italian roasted carrots are the perfect side dish for your favorite savory meals, holidays dinners, or as a snack on any given day. If you typically have vegetables on hand this easy recipe with carrots is a breeze and so tasty. Even our pickiest of eaters will demolish these in a flash and demand more.
- 1 pound carrots
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Italian herb mix (We love Penzey’s Spices)
- 1 fresh lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash, peel, and cut carrots into sticks. See the image below as an example of the thickness of the carrots that I tend to use.
- In a large mixing bowl mix carrots, sugar, butter, garlic, and herbs.
- Once well coated, place the carrots on a baking sheet .
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. If the size or thickness of carrots is larger than those above, test to ensure they are soft/cooked through before serving.
- Squeeze a wedge of fresh lemon evenly over the carrots and serve warm to your guests.
Can not wait to hear what you guys pair this easy recipe with carrots with at your next meal! If you need a suggestion on what meal to prepare with I suggest the Instant Pot Herb Chicken recipe from this post. It is one of my favorite combinations! If you are cutting back on sweets and candy but are craving something to hit the spot these will absolutely do the trick while getting in some vegetables at the same time.