Do you have little people climbing in your bed and kneeing/kicking/pushing you to the tiniest spot imaginable in your king size bed? Wake up feeling like a zombie because you were up 5 times with a little one? I feel you. Im in the trenches with you people. Improving sleep quality can feel impossible as a parent but we’ve found that a good sleep routine and great products like GhostPillow make a huge difference!
How much sleep do I need?
- Most adults need 7 to 8 hours of good quality sleep each night.
- Teens need 8 to 10 hours of sleep each night.
- School-aged children need 9 to 12 hours of sleep each night.
- Preschoolers need to sleep between 10 and 13 hours a day (including naps).
- Toddlers need to sleep between 11 and 14 hours a day (including naps).
- Babies need to sleep between 12 and 16 hours a day (including naps).
Benefits of Adequate Sleep
- Get sick less often
- Reduces stress
- Think more clearly and do better in school and at work
- Get along better with others
- Make good decisions and avoid injuries – for example, sleepy drivers cause thousands of car accidents every year.
Factors that Impact Sleep Quality
- Stress or anxiety
- Some medications
- Alcohol and other drugs
Setting a Night Time Routine
Finding a routine that works for your family and sticking to it is key for improving sleep quality. It will take consistent follow through but if you stay strong you will all feel much better. Think about how dinner, bath/shower, books, screen free time, and a recap of the day could be used. A simple baby massage of lavender lotion after bath or picking out pajamas can mentally signify that bedtime is near. Giving warnings and using timers/alarms to denote changes before they occur can be really helpful as well.
Products I love
I’m pretty picky when it comes to pillows. GhostPillow has the right amount of support for a great night’s sleep and it truly does sleep cool, like they promise! I also like knowing that I can try this for over 100 days and comes with a 5 year warranty and free shipping. GhostPillow is a product of GhostBed by Nature’s Sleep, which makes a mattress that Consumer Reports rated very good or excellent in every category.
We are redoing our older 2 boy’s bedroom and have shared some of the progress thus far here if you want to read more!
What helps you get a good night’s rest?
This post is sponsored but all opinions are mine.