SHHHHHHHH! Do not tell anyone, it’s our secret. Delicious and simple black bean brownies will fool any guest. They are to die for tasty and leave your guests begging for the recipe! I’ve made these a million times and nobody has ever guessed they were made with black beans!
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1 can of black beans, 15 ounces, rinsed
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- Sprinkling of course salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Oven preheated to 350 degrees. I used a 8 x 8 baking pan and used olive oil cooking spray to grease.
- Mix black beans, coconut oil, sugar, and honey together (I used my Cuisinart Food Processor). Blend until the beans are smooth, 2 minutes or so.
- Add the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Again, blend until smooth.
- Add eggs and blend.
- Add half of your chocolate chips and mix by hand.
- Add the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into the baking pan and then sprinkle the remaining chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check with toothpick and take out when comes out clean.
I LOVE taking fat free vanilla yogurt and putting in the freezer for 30-40 minutes so that it becomes icy/ice cream like. Add this to your brownie in a bowl and it is the perfect “Brownie and Ice Cream” knock off that was WAY healthier and guilt free of a sweet tooth treat. Have fun fooling your crew with this treat!