This chickpea salad recipe is going to be my summer appetizer and food to take along to any gathering or cookout. It is so unbelievably easy and quick to make before heading out of the door and requires zero skill.
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups diced cucumber (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Place avocado in a large mixing bowl. Squeeze lemon juice over and gently stir to coat. (This helps the avocado stay green.)
2. Add remaining ingredients for salad, including dressing ingredients. Gently toss to combine.
3. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
4. Serve cold.