Ready for summer time gatherings? This light and refreshing salad can be added to any meal as a side dish or with pita chips as a great appetizer!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup Simple Truth Organic crumbled feta cheese
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP fresh parsley
- Add water to saucepan, set burner to high, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, add quinoa. Leave covered for 12-15 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking chop and prep your veggies
- Once quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork.
- Before adding your veggies you can chill the quinoa in the fridge or simply let it cool on the countertop for a few minutes for a room temperature quinoa bowl. They are both delicious!
- To make your super simple vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pour over your quinoa bowl and toss.
- Add any salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
Can serve with: Pita Chips, hummus, tomato or chopped avocado
Make sure to tag @fitfamilylifeblog in your recipe creations on Instagram orFitfamilylifeblog on Facebook! Be sure to add the pin below to Pinterest I can not wait to see what you pair this greek quinoa salad with. Happy cooking friends!