Last year, I made a holiday gift guide featuring all female owned Virginia based businesses in an attempt to search and find amazing products that are backed my amazing boss babes. Find those products for additional items HERE! It was one of my favorite posts to create and I couldn’t let another holiday season go by without making another version! Without further ado, here is another batch of local women who are making amazing and beautiful creations that are must have items on your shopping list this year!
- Sugar and Spruce – is the brick and mortar of three passions of Crystal, the founder: skincare, sweets, and cheeky fun! As a master aesthetician, I am well aware that avoiding sugar is one of the surest routes to clear skin. But, when you love something, you just can’t let it go! How did Sugar + Spruce come to fruition? They attended a soap making class in Northern Virginia, so Crystal started making soaps and lotions for myself and my many skincare clients. The response was overwhelming and I saw an opportunity to provide Fredericksburg, and the region, with quality, healthy, carefully formulated personal care products. It only takes seconds after checking out her website to feel that happiness and cheeky fun she describes. Snag a beauty product for yourself, your favorite guy, or your home this holiday season. Check out the doughnut bath bombs (this is the mermaid sugar bath bomb), they truly look edible.
- Liberatus Jewelry makes amazing jewelry options that are affordable for all budgets. Ginny founded the company in 2016 to bring versatile handmade jewelry & men’s accessories to the public. The modern and simple designs are meticulously hand-cut in sterling silver, brass, and copper are easy to dress up or down for everyday wear. Available products include stackable rings, stud and drop earrings, layering necklaces, as well as men’s tie bars and money clips. There’s truly something for everyone! Support a VCU alum (Go RAMS!) and RVA female boss babe this holiday season. My personal fave is the brass circle cuff but you cant go wrong with her one of a kind pieces. If you see something you love use the promo code ERIN15 to save 15% at Liberatusjewlery.com!
- gifted RVA makes it easy to send locally made products to your loved ones with modern and beautifully designed gift thanks to owner Noelle. She understands that gift giving takes time and created the company to make it as easy as a few clicks on your computer or mobile device, but with much more thought, care and design. So, in September 2017, gifted RVA was formed and almost immediately, gifts were being shipped all over the United States, filled with goods from makers and business owners right here in Central Virginia. They recently added a “build yourown” gift box option where you can select items from their inventory to create a gift box that is your own unique design. From wedding welcome gifts to everyday occasions such as corporate gifts, baby showers, and birthdays, gifted RVA makes it easy to send something special to the people you care about the most. They are GORGEOUS! Take the stress out of a thoughtful gift by letting Noelle’s team do it for you! Save 10% with the code GETGIFTED! I would recommend one, but to be honest, I cant….they are all AMAZING!
- Laura’s Botanicals is a RVA owned company where everything is made in small batches. She uses a whole plant approach and favors the gentle action of whole plants over just using essential oils by themselves in carrier oils for the skin. Whole plant = less waste. Laura’s Botanical’s offers many great natural skin care products but I would like to recommend her Gold Serum for promoting glow and healthy cellular turnover. One drop can cover entire face! (IT IS AMAZING!!!!) I use on my face twice a day and also on my hands, which are starting to get dry this time of year. Another bestseller is the Beard Oil for an important man in our life: it’s real woodsy and herbaceous scent, always natural with certified organic ingredients are a customer fave. Get free domestic shipping on all orders until Dec 12th.
- Mandy Fitzgerald is the native Richmond artist behind the gorgeous RVA calendar that features our city’s landmarks like Quirk, VMFA, views from Libby Hill Park, Train Station that we know and love. If you or someone in your life loves RVA – you cannot miss this. At 30$ it comes filled with events happening around RVA so you do not miss anything (LOVE THIS!). Mandy grew up in RVA and fell in love with the city again when she began exploring and drawing her personal favorite spots. In 2015 she was named the “Visual Artist of the Year” for Richmond, VA by RAW: natural born artists. Her work has been displayed in public and private collections along the East Coast, including Artist Image Resource in Pittsburgh , PA, SOHO20 Chelsea Gallery in New York, and has been featured in the Washington Post, Richmond Magazine and Design*Sponge, among others. Her calendars are not the only item for purchase, but are a great option for coworkers, friends, family, or hey – even yourself to prep for the new year! There are only a limited number left, so RUN not walk to your computer and purchase one immediately.
- Lisa McLaughlin founded District Line Co. to celebrate a love of local with shirts that feel like home. It started as (and remains) a small-batch, Virginia t-shirt company District Line Co. sells some pretty fantastic t-shirts. Since her first design launched in 2014, one of the most rewarding markers of our success has been the stories sent in by customers about how they’ve met people from all over the country and the world just because they happened to be wearing one of our shirts. She launched the #ThisIsMyLocal hashtag campaign to encourage our neighbors, friends, and followers to spill a little local pride onto social media. It is a celebration of small businesses, big city life, and people, and serves as a beautiful reminder of how much we have in common, no matter “wear” we call home. The Richmond shirt is FANTASTIC. The material is soft and flattering and its such a great way to show your love for RVA. Snag one for a friend or loved one of any age or gender, its a gift EVERYONE will love. Readers can save 10% with code: FITFAMILYLIFE at checkout / Last day to order for Christmas delivery: December 13
Happy Holidays friends! Most importantly remember that beyond a gift to show your love quality time is the most important!
Let me know what your fave product from this years guide is !