Cabin fever is a real phenomenon. I know, because, I currently suffer from it. I am not a fun mom that spends all day romping in the snow with my kids. I refuse to do so because 1. I hate cold weather. 2. I will not spend 45 minutes finding and layering on the clothes for them to cry after being outside for 5 minutes and want to go in.
So, what does that leave me to do so I don’t lose the tiny amount of sanity I have left? Bake quiche of course!
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 pie crust (I used store bought crust this time!)
- 6 eggs
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 lb of bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll pie crust onto flat surface and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Lay into the pie pan and ensure the crust is evenly spread out on bottom and sides of pan.
- Use a fork to poke holes in the pie crust on top and sides.
- Bake the pie crust for 10 minutes.
- While pie crust is cooking, cook bacon to your taste. I think crispy works best in quiche, but that’s totally my opinion!
- Mix eggs, milk, 3/4th’s of bacon and half of cheese together in a bowl.
- After letting pie crust cool for 8-10 minutes, fill with the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Add the remaining bacon and cheese on top and cook for another 20 minutes, the top will be golden brown when done!
Enjoy! The best part of quiche is that you will have breakfast for a few days and you can customize however you like! The choices are endless. Hopefully you are surviving cabin fever as well. I think we are almost free mamas!!! C’mon Spring and Summer!