The turkey leftovers are all gone and the temps are slowly dropping in RVA. The nights are dark and chilly and your soul is begging for an easy and delicious meal right after a long day’s work right? If you are tired of the epic “What’s for dinner?” saga, keep reading and add this easy recipe to the cold weather rotation!
I love chili, especially on Sundays. There is something that seems so right about chili, beer and football. Side note: I don’t even like football. But, there something about the combination that just fits. Unless, like my husband, and you like the Redskins. Then you are just endlessly frustrated. But, not to stress, this White Chicken Chili recipe will ease your sorrow and warm you up, despite the temps outside and despite what team you root for.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 Cans of Great Northern Beans
- Can of Green chili’s diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 package of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt, just a tad!
- Pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- Ritz crackers, TOTALLY a must.
- Place chicken in the crock pot first. (I do not cut the chicken, I let the meat separate while cooking and shred any remaining larger pieces at the end of cooking.)
- Layer the onion and beans.
- Top with minced garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and green chili’s!
- Top with chicken broth.
- Set the crock pot timer for 7 hours and set on low.
- Have a great day and return home to a completed and cooked meal.
What is your favorite chili topping? Are you a crock pot lover for busy days? Bundle up and enjoy the winter friends!