My husband left the 100 degree plus heat in Virginia and headed to Boston last Sunday and has been sleeping in a soft comfy bed without little people limbs draped over him, eating dinner with other adults and not having food thrown at him or on the floor, and likely partaking in relaxation! Sounds lovely, right? Meanwhile, me and the wild things my lovely children have been hanging out for 6 days with no daddy sweating profusely like we are in a sauna every time we step outdoors.
Since I was manning the fort all alone this week I made even easier dinners than normal. This one was a big hit for the boys and our guests for dinner that night! Try these Chicken Crescent Roll Ups if you need a new lunch, snack, or dinner rotation in the mix– I think you will enjoy as much as we did. These would be a great appetizer or easy option if your kiddos had friends over after school or you needed something filling but easy for a wine night in for girlfriends.
Chicken Crescent Roll Ups
- 1 can of Grands Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls
- Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese sticks or shredded cheese (Either will work!)
- 1-2 Chicken Breasts, thawed
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Onion
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 and cook chicken breasts per usual. I used the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and minced onion on top while cooking to add flavor. Be brave – try your own seasonings if you want! This is where you can be creative and season your chicken with your fave go to spices! I had two larger chicken breasts so I cooked 25 minutes’ total.
- Top the chicken with mozzarella cheese stick / shredded cheese. Use whichever you have on hand. I predominantly used shredded cheese but we ran out and had a few more to do so I used some mozzarella cheese sticks we had and they were just as delicious!
- Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Watch them, you don’t want the rolls to burn!
- While crescent rolls are cooking, warm marinara sauce on the stove top on low heat.
5. Serve the crescent rolls with marinara sauce available to dip in.
They are just as delicious for leftovers. The kids loved dipping their rolls into the sauce! Fun and easy to make! See ya tomorrow babe, the kids cannot wait to wipe their sticky hands all over you and welcome you back to our land mine living room of Legos, Superhero’s, and race cars!