I am really excited to partner with another local establishment, Bon Air Seafood, and bring you a delicious and healthy seafood dish once a month! Bon Air Seafood isn’t just any locally owned Richmond business though, its extra special to our family because the oh so cool Uncle Joey owns it. We all think Joey is pretty amazing, but my older son Palmer thinks he walks on water. Refers to him as “da cool uncle Joey” and says his “Seafood shop has all da good stuff” “You know, all da fishes and crabs from da sea mama.” Bon Air Seafood has been family owned since it opened in 1977 and it is tucked into the cutest corner in between Goodstuff Consignment and The Butcher Shop at Bon Air on Tinsley Drive.
For our first monthly collaboration I am bringing you one of Joey’s faves – Grouper A la Greece. Its now more than just Joey’s fave though – it won us over too!
- 1 6-8 oz Grouper filet per adult
- 1 Red pepper, roasted and sliced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- Garlic seasoning – sprinkled
- Dill seasoning – sprinkled ( we love Penzeys!)
- Seafood Seasoning – sprinkled
- Olive Oil , small amount to coat baking dish
- Coat baking dish with olive oil and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roast the red pepper (Can do this various ways but – its summertime. So to me the only option is fire up the grill, grab a adult beverage (May I suggest the Sam Adams Rebel Juiced IPA?!), and head outside for a few minutes).
- Lay grouper in your baking dish and top with the seasonings. Im not giving you exact amounts, but follow your heart and sprinkle a little on top. Don’t go wild but don’t be stingy.
- Top with red peppers sliced and laid diagonally and then add onions, finely chopped.
5. Bake for 20-22 minutes at 375 degrees.
What makes Bon Air Seafood a little sweeter though, is a framed picture of Poppa, Joeys dad and my husband Parks’ grandpa, right above the counter. I couldn’t help but get a tad choked up when I pointed it out to Palmer thinking how proud he must be of Joey and all of the hard work he puts into the shop.
Go check it out for yourself I promise it won’t disappoint. Say hi to Joey and tell him I sent you!