I’m never a fan of eating a meal that requires you to unbutton pants or feel so full after that you need a nap (I will give you a free pass on Thanksgiving though!) This meal is filling but light and perfect for a warm summer night. I just finished this as leftovers for the third meal and enjoyed it just as much for lunch today as I did that first dinner. Set yourself up for success by making something for dinner that will produce leftovers so you aren’t tempted to buy lunch out or grab fast food. Easy and cost effective is a huge hit in our house.
- Ground Turkey, amount is at your discretion. ( I used half of a pound and used the other half to make turkey tacos – this took care of 2 dinners and 4 lunches in one cooking session BINGO!)
- Italian Seasoning
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 avocado
- 1 can of corn or 3 fresh corn cobs, cut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin cooking ground turkey on stove top as normal, removing grease.
- Cut sweet potatoes into squares and lay flat on pan on top of olive oil.
- Cook for 12-14 minutes, removing when sweet potatoes are cooked. Test with fork. Depending on size of sweet potato squares, you may need to cook for shorter or longer period of time.
- Add in Italian seasoning and diced onion to turkey to simmer.
- Add corn to turkey mixture and cover on low.
- When sweet potatoes are cooked mix them into the turkey mixture.
- Add toppings – avocado, black beans, tomatoes, whatever your heart desires!
To make this a vegetarian friendly recipe, remove ground turkey and customize for your taste buds. This is a great and easy recipe to tailor for likes/dislikes.
Happy eating friends!