Baked Ziti has always been a favorite of mine and I have fond memories of going to Angelo’s Restaurant in Midlo with my mom and chatting about everything under the sun and eating so much we might burst. If you are in the stage of life where eating out is an option without having to think of an escape plan when someone has a meltdown, Angelos is delicious! We do not eat out these days but this meal is a sure fire hit at home on a budget and no one has to escape during meal time…..Well….ok maybe you try to escape, but those little feet will come hunt you down.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- 1 box of Penne noodles
- 3 Italian Sausages
- Parmesan cheese, low fat
- Mozzarella Cheese, 1/2 of bag, low fat
- Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
- Minced garlic, 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper, 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil water on the stove. Add Italian sausages for 4-5 minutes then remove.
- Cook noodles per normal directions.
- Use saucepan and heat olive oil before adding sausage. Cook until it’s browned (Usually takes 3-4 minutes).
- Add garlic, onion, and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
6. Slice sausage and layer noodles on bottom topped with sausage mixture and sauce with cheese on top. Add the same layer on again before covering with foil and tossing in the oven!
7. Bake for 15 minutes then remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
This is a great dish if you are having family/friends over and want an easy and filling meal. It is a low maintenance meal for a laid back atmosphere, which is our family 24/7. Our fancy entertaining days are on hold for a while.
Get your forks ready this one is tasty!