Do you love the comfort of mac and cheese but hate that you must unzip and unbutton your pants after having a big ol serving? I could eat mac and cheese all day erry day but as always I love to try my own twists on healthy options. Plus, I love eating a filling and tasty meal without feeling like I need to lay on the sofa for hours after to recoup. I’ve been dying to try a version of cauliflower mac and cheese version of my own that doesn’t involve heavy cream or butter, yuck! So, on a whim last night I decided I wanted to give it a go. SUCCESS!
Typically my toddler and I pick a new recipe to make on Monday or Wednesday mornings while baby bro is napping. It has become SUCH a special time for both of us. We laugh, get messy, spill all over the floor, and most importantly we do it together. I couldn’t wait though, so we rolled up our sleeves and stayed up a little late to play Betty Crocker.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ cup of cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower florets into small pieces and lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle your garlic powder into a thin layer on top of cauliflower.
- Top with the cheddar cheese (Or any cheese of your preference honestly!)
- Cook for 20 minutes. (Your cook time may vary by a few minutes depending on size of your floret pieces!) You can mash your cauliflower after cooking to make it look even more like traditional mac and cheese.
Okay so this cant get any easier than what I just shared with you guys. It’s a perfect reminder that simple is tasty. Simplicity is the key for my home, my dinner table, my closet, and my life.