Cinco De Mayo is coming up tomorrow and while the rest of my amigos are out partying it up I will be at home, in my pajamas, and asleep by 7:45pm. Real life folks. I am a 99 year old woman stuck in a 30 year old’s body. But, if you want to partake in the festivities like I do but need to do it at home while making sure baby isnt eating legos, changing diapers, and singing Row Row Row your boat 100 times for your toddler then here is a amazing recipe that will get you in the festive spirit. Drink a margarita in your bathroom while tiny fingers grasp under the door calling “Mom are you going poo poo?” and you are really going wild. This recipe is 100% my husbands doing and he has been making these for years for us. Absoutely a fan favorite and hope it helps you party!
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- Lime Juice
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- Shrimp, 8 oz minimum, peeled
- Flour tortillas, 2 per person
- Olive Oil
- Fajita Seasoning
- Cheddar Cheese
1. Warm black beans on the stove with low heat adding lime juice for 3-4 minutes.
2. On a skillet, place a little olive oil in first and then add shrimp, onion, peppers to cook thoroughly.