Tonight my husband told me that he wasn’t sure if dinner smelled good or bad when I was cooking… (smelled amazing by the way!) When I asked why he admitted that in his 31 years on this planet he has never tried eggplant and was nervous. Naturally I was really surprised. That’s crazy! So all eggplant newbies, vegetarian, herbivore, healthy food lovers this one is for you.
Eggplant Parmesan coming right up!
- 1 medium sized eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (I used rosemary and garlic diced Tomatoes for extra flavor)
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- Pasta noodles of your choosing
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parchment paper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice eggplant no thicker than 1 inch.
- Mix bread crumbs and Italian seasoning in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs in another bowl.
- Set up an assembly line of dipping eggplant into egg and then bread crumb mixture. (Let a kiddo assist on this step! P had a great time dipping and helping but I will admit that the dipping got a tad wild for my taste and my sous chef had to take a break for a moment to regain his composure! He tried to tell me he didn’t know how the mixture starting flying in the air. Magic?!)
- Lay dipped eggplant slices on the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Boil noodles and drain/set aside.
- Cook for 10 minutes and then flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Use a glass baking dish and line bottom with a thin layer of diced tomatoes.
- Top with eggplant and mozzarella. I did not measure this out I just sprinkled a thin layer on top!
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes to melt!
- Serve on top of noddles.
Got a thumbs up from my eggplant newbie!