Sweet potatoes are a win for me because they meet my sweet tooth cravings and are healthy and tasty. I will admit that I didn’t particularly like sweet potatoes until a few years ago aka I never really gave them a chance. But now, I will take them in any form or fashion. Cut them up and bake into sweet potato fries or mash and add a dash of cinnamon – YUM.
- Number of Potatoes per meal. I did 4 because we make ahead for lunch the next day
- 1 can of Corn
- 1 Can of Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Avocado
- Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese- I didn’t do a specific amount just a tiny bit on top!
- Wrap each individual potato in foil and place into the crock pot. I arranged them so they all were touching a side and bottom for optimal cooking.
- Cook for 4 hours on high. (This is where I will tell you guys I love my Crock Pot because it has a timer. I do not have to worry about running home between errands to turn it off and worry! They are affordable and well worth the ease!)
- Place beans and corn on the stove for 5 minutes or so.
- Take out and slice open adding your toppings and cheese if adding.
- Put back into the crock pot for 5- 10 minutes to allow cheese to melt.
TADA! Make sure to add these to your next grocery trip if they are not already a staple. Best of all, the ingredients are minimal and you can tailor this to meet your indiviudal taste buds.