SHHHHHHHH! Do not tell anyone, but these brownies are actually healthy and I fed them to 3 little boys the other day and they didn’t even know they were really black bean brownies. It was one of those moments when they told me they were yummy and I felt like I had won the lottery.
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of chocolate chips
- 1 can of black beans, 15 ounces, rinsed
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- Sprinkling of course salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Oven preheated to 350 degrees.I used a 8 x 8 baking pan and used olive oil cooking spray to grease.
- Mix black beans, coconut oil, sugar, and honey together ( I used my Cuisinart Food Processor). Blend until the beans are smooth, 2 minutes or so.
- Add the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Again, blend until smooth.
- Add eggs and blend.
- Add half of your chocolate chips and mix by hand.
- Pour mixture into the baking pan and then sprinkle the remaining chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check with toothpick and take out when comes out clean.
***It is easy to overbake these, so I initially cooking for 15 then checked again as to make sure I wasn’t over doing them!
Idea: I LOVE taking fat free vanilla yogurt and putting in the freezer for 30-40 minutes so that it becomes icy and somewhat icecream like. I added this to my brownie in a bowl and it was the perfect “Brownie and Ice Cream” knock off that was WAY healthier and guilt free sweet tooth treat.
Have fun fooling your crew with this treat!