Do you battle your kiddos on eating a healthy breakfast but then skip because you are too busy or too rushed? Don’t be one of the 1 in 10 Americans or 31 million people who skip breakfast (NPD Group, 2011). Prevention Magazine also highlighted the dangers of skipping breakfast in regards to blood pressure, blood cholesterol, and insulin.
News flash: Be kind to your body and set yourself up for a successful day. I love a good casserole because they are easy to make and have plenty to last a few days. I tailored this casserole to make a healthier version. You can easily add and adapt items based on the likes of your family! We omitted cheese and it was a hit all around.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup spinch leaves
- 3 small potatoes, diced
- 1 medium sized tomato, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook ground turkey and add chili powder for seasoning.
- Combine eggs, spinach leaves, potatos, and tomato in a bowl. Mix ingredients well.
- Grease baking dish and add all ingredients.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes (will see the top beginning to brown!
Have a great day,