If you love pasta but need a way to make it a tad healthier look no further! This was a crowd pleaser all around and gave us plenty of leftovers. Still as yummy and moist the next day!
- 1-2 lbs of chicken strips
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Pasta noodles of your choosing! We utilized fettuccine (use whole wheat to be extra healthy!)
- Broccoli (we used an entire bag of frozen broccoli since we already had on hand)!
- Preheat oven 375 and cook chicken 25-30 minutes until done based on size and thickness of chicken. I used strips so they were done in about 25. I added light layer of Italian seasoning & garlic powder to chicken.
- While chicken is cooking, boil water and cook noodles thoroughly.
- Cook broccoli to directions (stove/microwave) at the same time to ensure food doesn’t get cold! Lots of various processes to this one going on at the same time.
- Put your multitasking gloves on and find a skillet for sauce on stove on medium-high heat.
- Add coconut oil to skillet first before adding mixture of flour and milk. I would recommend whisking the flour and milk in a bowl before adding to skillet.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes and then turn heat to low.
- I added the cooked chicken to the sauce mixture to add more flavor. This is optional!
- Allow the sauce to sit and thicken for 5-10 additional minutes while stirring and checking on consistency. Add in broccoli.
- Drain noodles and add your chicken/broccoli/sauce on top!
Voila! Much healthier alternative to a classic traditional alfredo sauce. Just as delightful and my entire family approved!