I have a confession. I’m kind of nervous to admit this as a Southerner but here goes nothing. I. Don’t. Like. Fried. Chicken. I really don’t enjoy it. Whew, relief to get that off my chest. So, with that being said my favorite home cooking food for the soul meal is chicken pot pie.
On cold winter night when you want to cozy up with a good book or nestle under covers to hibernate this one is a winner.
- 3-4 chicken breasts thawed
- 4 red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 Carrots, sliced and peeled
- 1 small bag of Frozen peas
- 1 can of Grands biscuits
- 1 cup of fat free milk
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the cream of chicken soup and milk into large skillet on stove on medium.
- Add all ingredients minus biscuits to skillet.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to glass baking dish and add the biscuits on top.
- Bake biscuits until tops are golden brown. Suggest 8-10 min.
Recommendation to make this dish even easier: invest in a Copper Chef pan. We received one for a gift and it is amazing! If you have a Copper Chef, you can use on stovetop then add biscuits and transfer right into oven. One less dish to wash! Stay warm tonight friends.