We tend to stock up on the major dinner staples like shrimp, fish, ground turkey, and chicken in our freezer to have on hand. I’ve been making a concentrated effort lately to use our freezer stash to keep our grocery bill lower and make use of what we already have on hand so items do not go to waste.
We whipped up an EASY shrimp fried rice last week that was a yummy and much healthier and cheaper version than you will find at your local take out spot.
- 10-12 shrimp
- 2 cups Brown rice
- Assorted fresh veggies – we used carrots, peas, broccoli & onion (Be wild and add in whatever you’ve got!)
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tsp Low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sauté the shrimp and veggies with olive oil until cooked.
- Boil water to cook brown rice and set aside when done.
- Add rice and soy sauce in with veggies and let simmer for 2 additional minutes.
If you are really pressed on time and need to save additional sacred minutes use a frozen veggie bag!