Most families get stuck in rut of cooking same meals each week and that’s when I notice dinner gets ditched for take out or drive thru because it’s not exciting or as tasty anymore to eat chicken for 23rd day in a row. We aim to try something new each week and last night we successfully added a new favorite!
Our apple pork chops and cauliflower dish was really really easy – like all dishes that get the A-okay around here. I need to be able to cook things with items I have on hand or few ingredients for ease. I cooked and prepped all of this with a fussy baby on my hip last night. Here we go:
- 2 Pork chops thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup of applesauce
- 1/4 teaspiin of cinnamon
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine applesauce, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a bowl and apply on top of pork chop in a baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or longer if needed.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Spread evenly on baking sheet and add olive oil and onion evenly over top.
- Bake cauliflower 30 minutes.
- Remove and add Parmesan cheese then place back in oven for 8-10 more minutes.
Try it out – with minimal ingredients and enough for leftovers, what is there to lose?