Do you love pizza but hate the grease, cost, and time you spend waiting for delivery? Problem solved!
This is a big fave in our house because of the ease and everyone loves it! You do not have to spend the rest of the evening in a greasy food coma because you had one slice too many from the local teenage delivery driver. We have naan bread on hand at all times in the pantry because it is an easy go to when we are short on time and in major need of a filling and healthy meal.
Lets do a quick overview of your typical delivery pizza experience:
Call, wait on hold for a few minutes, order a pizza from the local pizzeria, wait 45-50 minutes, pay 20$, tip the driver, eat a few slices, and slide into that food coma. That pizza your family just ate? The USDA states that ONE Slice of cheese pizza, yes ONE, has 10g of fat, 285 calories, 36g carbs, 640g Sodium, and 18 mg of Cholesterol.
Feelin good about that delivery? YUCK. Try this simple naan pizza and eat it and still feel great and energized. Best of all it takes 9 minutes from start to finish and costs 1/4 of the price.
- Naan flatbread (Aldi carries this!)
- Pasta sauce of your choosing
- 1 tbsp of natural safflower oil
- Low-fat Mozzarella cheese
- Toppings! We use turkey pepperoni, onions, peppers!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread safflower oil onto naan bread and top with sauce. (We use enough Sauce to lightly cover the naan)
- Add toppings of your choosing!
- Cook 6-9 min!
Can’t wait to hear about what you try!