Cold weather calls for warm easy meals in the crock pot with leftovers for lunch in our house. I am not a fan of can soups because of the high sodium levels and set out to make a healthier version for us to try. It was a crowd pleaser for all 4 members, hope you enjoy as well!
- Thyme – dash
- 1 Onion -chopped
- Chicken Breasts 1 ½ lbs boneless
- Egg Noodles – 2 cups
- Pepper ½ tsp
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Celery – 3 stalks, chopped
- Carrots – 2 cups, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Add in the chicken breasts first layering with carrots, celery and onion
- Next, add chicken broth and water with a dash of thyme.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- If you are home or able to pull apart the chicken after 4-5 hours do so and place back in the crock pot. If you aren’t able to do this step, not a deal breaker!
- 5-10 minutes before you want to eat, add in the noodles and stir.
Our 7 month old loved the carrots and celery. We are using baby led weaning which makes cooking one meal that works for everyone so amazing! Our toddler is a big fan of noodles so we scooped out the items he likes and voila – one simple and easy meal for all.
Of course the day I cook this it’s mid 60 temperatures but hey I will take it. No complaints for warm weather here!