The leaves are beginning to make the sidewalks and roads more colorful and the evenings are not as warm here in Virginia. The hunt for all things pumpkin related has begun and beautiful mums are gracing porches and walkways all around town. I love it, fall is without a doubt my favorite season.
I brought out my fall clothes today, donned my Hunter boots in the rain, and set out to get items for a easy fall dinner.
Crockpot Turkey chili
- 1 can of Diced tomatoes
- 1 pound of Lean Ground turkey
- 1 can of black beans, drained/rinsed
- 1 can of Kidney beans, drained/rinsed
- Cumin 2 tsp
- Chili powder 2 tsp
- Minced garlic 1 tsp
- Red pepper flakes – dash
- 1 Onion chopped finely
- Cilantro – dash for garnish
- Cook turkey until browned. Drain grease.
- Add all ingredients to crock pot.
- Set to low and let cook for at least 30 minutes.
Makes enough for two adults and leftovers! Perfect rainy weekend dinner.
Praying everyone is staying safe and dry from Hurricane Matthew!