I am a big, ok huge, fan of Chipotles burrito bowls but with our budget in full swing, I decided we could make our own home recipe for a bowl that I think is even yummier! Seriously, it’s a must try guys. Stop whatever you are doing and add this to your meal list. Not only is it delicious but it will save your wallet plenty of dough.
- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of fajita seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 peppers, sliced (any color)
- 1 avocado
- Brown rice
- 3 ears of corn (Can use a can if short on time)
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F
2. Add chicken, peppers, and onions onto the baking sheet and add coconut oil. Use aluminum foil under these items when baking.
3. Add seasoning on both sides of the chicken breasts.
4. Add salsa on top of the chicken.
5. Bake for 25 minutes. Let chicken cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting into slices.
6. Simultaneously cook brown rice.
7. Add your corn, beans, rice, and toppings. Lastly, squirt lime juice and add cilantro.
8. Grab a beverage and chat with your loved ones about their day over a yummy and easy meal!
Even better, lunch for the next day is ready! There will be enough for later.