I am a big fan of Chipotle’s burrito bowls but with 3 kids and our budget in full swing, I decided we could make our own home recipe for a bowl that I think is just as delish! This is a family favorite and one that I think you guys will absolutely love too.
- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of fajita seasoning
- 1/2 cup of Mexican shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado
- Brown rice
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 lime
- Pico de Gallo
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F
2. Add chicken, peppers, and onions onto the baking sheet and add vegetable oil. Use aluminum foil under these items when baking.
3. Add seasoning on both sides of the chicken breasts.
4. Add salsa on top of the chicken.
5. Bake for 25 minutes. Let chicken cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting into slices.
6. Simultaneously cook brown rice.
7. Add your corn, beans, rice, and avocado.
8. Top with the Pico de gallo