Tis the season of bookbags, packed lunches, and fresh school supplies. This year, I can participate as I prepare to send off Palmer to preschool for the first time! Cue the waterworks. Schedules are back in action and parents get busy driving to and from school, activities, and practices. Instead of relying on drive thru’s and unhealthy snacks last minute plan ahead and dinners will be smooth sailing. Here is a great idea for dinner that is easy and perfect for leftovers. It was light and perfect for a filling warm weather pasta dish.
- 12 oz of whole wheat linguine
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 pound of peeled shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 oz of vegetables, your choice!
- Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- Cook pasta and add in coconut oil to the noodles so they do not stick. Set noodles aside for a few minutes.
- Cook shrimp on the stove and add in coconut oil, garlic, and both peppers. Let this mixture simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Cook vegetables and then add in wine and shrimp mixture. Simmer 2-3 minutes before adding in the lemon juice to taste and removing from the stove.
- Add the pasta to the rest of the ingredients.
Good luck sending your babies off on Tuesday. If you see my tear streaked face, do not worry, just a tad in denial I am the mom of a preschooler!