I have a friend who was feeling so panicked about her first week back at work after being home on maternity leave that she pulled away from the gas pump without attaching the knob back on. Shout out to the kind gentleman in the landscaping truck who flagged that friend down….She owes you one buddy. PS She is sorry that she looked at you like you were crazy while you were waving wildly and trying to help. PSS She is sorry she mumbled something about this weird man who was behaving like a nut so early in the morning. PSS this friend may or may not be named Erin, but I plead the 5th. Cut me some slack ok?!
There is no denying that mornings can be busy. You might be racing around to find a outfit, speeding to beat rush hour traffic, trying to hurry little ones out of the door, or maybe you just hit snooze 10 times and leave yourself with 5 seconds to get ready. Mornings can be crazy and by 8am you already feel like you’ve run a marathon and want to start your day over. I’ve been there done that. Clearly.
Good news is – I have found another easy breakfast go to that will be perfect for you and your kiddos as we prepare for busy mornings getting the back to school routine down pat or while your cruising with your gas cap unhooked – no judgement here.
- Turkey sausage (to your liking -I used 2 patties)
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1/2 Onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of Broccoli chopped
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 Tomato cut
- Coconut oil
- Use coconut oil to cook turkey sausage and onion on stove.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Fill the muffin tin half way full with mix.
- Cook 30 min at 350 degrees.
- Grab a few and go! They are not messy and easy to eat in car or to send with little ones for bus stop on en route to school!