Moment of transparency – I used to bake and not read the directions. I would skim it and just wing it. Do not ask me why I thought that was a good idea. But, even worse, I would get really frustrated when the food was not good. Maybe it’s because I am an adult and age 30 seems like a good age to finally follow directions, but lately I have been reading recipes and following them and guess what guys things are becoming way less stressful in the kitchen. Go figure. This morning, I made Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups. LORD HAVE MERCY. Where have these been all my life?
I tend to make these once a week in our house and keep on the counter as we need them throughout the busy days. They are not messy – so great for car ride on way to preschool drop off or as a snack. I made extras to have for the remainder of the week!
- 3 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of sugar free syrup
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup of blueberries
- Chocolate morsels (optional)
Don’t be like the oppositional Erin and ignore these directions.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine the ingredients.
- Spray muffin tins and add in the yummy goodness. Update: I ditched my muffin tin about a year ago in exchange for these silicone muffin cups which I LOVE! Saves so much space in the kitchen and I don’t need any nonstick spray!
- Bake 25 minutes (tops will be slightly brown).