Moment of transparency – I used to bake and not read the directions. I would skim it and just wing it. Do not ask me why I thought that was a good idea. But, even worse, I would get really frustrated when the food was not good. Maybe it’s because I am an adult and age 30 seems like a good age to finally follow directions, but lately I have been reading recipes and following them and guess what guys things are becoming way less stressful in the kitchen. Go figure. This morning, I made Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups. LORD HAVE MERCY. Where have these been all my life?
They are perfect to grab on the go. They are my go to present for the hostess for play dates and as a easy treat to take to a new mom. They are filling and delicious and easy. I tend to make these once a week in our house and keep on the counter as we need them throughout the busy days. They are not messy – so great for car ride on way to work or as a snack. I made extras to have for the remainder of the week! Takes me 15 minutes total to get all of ingredients out of my pantry whip it up and put in oven.
- 3 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 mashed banana (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of sugar free syrup
- 1 cup of mashed banana
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of almond milk ( I have replaced the milk with applesauce when I am out! Tastes just as delicious)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup of blueberries
- Cooking spray
- Chocolate morsels (optional)
Don’t be like the oppositional Erin and ignore these directions.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine the ingredients.
- Spray muffin tins and add in the yummy goodness.
- Bake 25 minutes (tops will be slightly brown).
- Insert into your mouth and yell “Oh my goodness this is amazing!”
Step 5 is mandatory guys. Seriously. Hope you guys enjoy these as much as my belly did today. And, most importantly Palmer says “These so yummy mama.”